A 7-year-old Athens boy carrying $310 to pay the rent had the money stolen on his way to the leasing office. The boy's mother gave him the money to take to the office, but as he was en route, he was stopped by a man who was playing basketball nearby. . The boy was not injured.
In other strange police news:
- A Suwanee man wanting to be more than just friends with a neighbor woman was booked for stalking after the neighbor had had enough. At first, she told police, she listened to the man’s problems and even invited him over for dinner. When it was clear he wanted more, she refused to answer his knocks at the door and eventually called police. He is not to have any more contact with the woman.
- Is this love? A Norcross woman bailed out her boyfriend from the Gwinnett County Jail with the stipulation that he not contact her again, since he had been charged with aggravated assault and battery against her. Wait, huh? She bailed him out because she felt sorry for him. When she received a text saying, “Can you get me a Mountain Dew and a bologna sandwich and bring it to me? I'm outside in my car,” she called police. He’s back in jail.
- A Walmart security guard in Oconee County has had a couple of scary moments recently with shoplifters. He was threatened with a knife by a man who had walked out of the store with 36 cans of beer. The previous week, the same loss prevention officer reported he'd been bitten by a man he accused of shoplifting digital cameras.
- Careful who you meet: Meeting someone online isn’t meeting someone at all, is it? A Dacula woman found that out after she invited a man she met in an online chat room to come on over. The man ended up bringing along a “cousin,” who pulled out a gun and held her down with a towel over her head in a apparent robbery attempt. After the first man encountered the woman’s grandmother in the house, the two men fled. The only thing stolen was a cell-phone battery.
- Careful who you meet, part 2: A man told police he was robbed of $83 and his cell phone in Norcross after he agreed to go home with a woman he met at an Atlanta bar. But, the woman drove to another location to pick up another man. Near Norcross, the second man struck the victim in the head, possibly with a pistol, then ordered him out of the car.
- A Dacula man arrested for public intoxication told police “I know I’m a violator but what did I do?” after a night of drinking at a local bar, which left him so drunk that he fell face-down on the pavement. The man, who became agitated and combative, had another question when he arrived at the Gwinnett County Jail: “How the hell did I get in a police car?”
- Taking advantage of employees preparing breakfast at a Stone Mountain-area Comfort Inn & Suites, a masked thief sneaked behind the front desk counter and stole $450. The culprit might be another employee.
- Here’s a pretty smart way to use cell-phone video: A Peachtree Corners leasing agent shot video of someone trying to break in to an apartment building and shared it with police.
- A Dacula woman standing in front of a cell-phone kiosk at the Mall of Georgia had her iPhone 5 snatched away by a teen, who ran out the front door, yelling “Go! Go! Go!” as he dove into the getaway car.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Handgun Stolen During Buford Home Burglary
- Woman Attacked by Man She Met Online
- 19 Traffic Fatalities Reported in Georgia During Holiday Weekend
- Young Robber Snatches Woman’s iPhone at Mall of Georgia
- Woman Robbed in Parking Lot of Hamilton Mill Road Kroger