1. Weather: Today's high temperature will be 50 degrees, says the National Weather Service. Tonight, expect a low temperature of around 29 with a slight northwestern wind.
2. In Case You Missed It: Northside Hospital-Cherokee welcomed its first baby of 2013 on Tuesday. Read more about the birth and why the delivery was slightly unexpected.
Rep. Phil Gingrey was one of the congressmen who voted against the recent legislation that has temporarily averted the "fiscal cliff." He explains his reasoning for his no vote in this article.
3. Happening Now: The Canton Police Department is actively looking for a woman they believe is involved in a forgery and fraud case. Authorities have released surveillance footage of the woman and what is believed to be her truck, in hopes that someone will be able to identify her.
4. Looking Ahead: The first Canton City Council meeting of 2013 will take place tonight at 6 p.m. Come back at noon for the rundown of what's made it on to the agenda and what may be causes for extensive discussion at tonight's session.
5. On This Date in History: On Jan. 3, 1496, Leonardo da Vinci tries to become the first man to take flight with the aid of a machine. His attempt fails. Also, birthday wishes go out to Marcus Tulius Cicero, born on this date in 106 BC. One of the greatest orators of all time, his speeches such as Pro Milone are still studied by public speakers to this day.