The and School Board honored the Class of 2012 Valedictorians and Salutatorians during the 12th Annual Scholar Recognition Banquet on Thursday, May 24, 2012 at . The banquet featured speeches by the honorees and their favorite teachers, the presentation of gifts and a buffet dinner.
The students and teachers were congratulated by the School Board, and each student received an iPad, $50 gift card, plaque and handcrafted commemorative mug. Each teacher received a plaque and $100 grant for classroom supplies. The gifts were made possible by donations from event sponsors.
The honorees and their favorite teachers are:
- Valedictorian: Elisabeth Bradley; Teacher: Rebecca Coury
- Salutatorian: Madeline Landman; Teacher: Heather Smith
- Valedictorian: Alexandra Webb; Teacher: Cleve Ard
- Salutatorian: Cody Blackwell; Teacher: Todd Sharrock
- Valedictorian: Megan Emery; Teacher: Kevin Wall
- Salutatorian: Andrew Hughes; Teacher:
- Valedictorian: Abigail Riddle; Teacher: Andy Kohler
- Salutatorian: Kristin White; Teacher: Marla Hooper
- Valedictorian: Tracie Dinh; Teacher: Sonja Green
- Salutatorian: Krishan Patel; Teacher: Krista Webb
Dr. Brian Hightower, Assistant Superintendent for School Operations, and Barbara Jacoby, Director of Public Information, Communications and Partnerships, presided, with greetings by School Board Chairman Mike Chapman and an invocation by Trey Olson, Assistant Superintendent for Personnel Management. The iPads were presented by Bobby Blount, Assistant Superintendent of Accountability, Technology and Strategic Planning.
Event sponsors are:
- Platinum: AngelTrax Bus Video, Manley Spangler Smith Architects, , Poole’s Insulation Co. and Woodmont Golf and Country Club;
- Gold: Brown & Brown Insurance of Georgia, The Travel Store, Inc. and Traditions Turf Management Inc.;
- and Silver: , Coweta-Fayette EMC Natural Gas, Etowah Computer Sales, Inc., EyeMed Vision Care, Hartford Life, Hill Tire Company, Mauldin Body Shop Inc., Prestige Sales Company, Valic Financial Advisors and Windstream.