UPDATED: Sept. 27 at 5:45 p.m.
One person is dead as a result of a Thursday morning accident on Highway 316 near Hurricane Trail Road.
According to Gwinnett County Police, at approximately 6:39 a.m., a tractor-trailer was eastbound on Highway 316 and made a left turn onto Hurricane Trail Road. Anvir Karim, 68, of Dacula, was traveling westbound in a 1997 Nissan Maxima and was unable to avoid striking the tractor-trailer causing his vehicle to become wedged under the tractor-trailer. Emergency crews extricated Karim and transported him to the hospital where he later died of injuries sustained in the collision.
The driver of the tractor-trailer, 34-year-old Latora Barrett of Columbia, S.C., was not injured.
Gwinnett County Detention Center records show Barrett was booked into the jail at 1:17 p.m. on charges of failure to yield and vehicular homicide.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Mill Creek Student Killed in Weekend Car Accident
- Tire Tread Blamed for Fatal Accident
- Man Killed in Accident on I-85
- Charges Filed Against Loganville Man in Fatal H.E.R.O. Accident
- Tragic Accident Claims Life of Auburn Toddler