The Weekender: Student Art Competition, Circus, 'Annie Get Your Gun'
Take a look at this roundup of weekend events, including the Paulding Student Art Competition, a murder mystery dinner, bingo, story time, a circus and more.
Paulding Fine Arts Association Student Art Competition
- What: Paulding County students between the ages of three years and 18 years may enter one piece of art work in the show. Both 2-D and 3-D works will be accepted. Student work should be brought to the Dallas Civic Center on Saturday, March 2 between 1 and 4 p.m. A reception and awards presentation will be held Sunday, March 10 in the Civic Center between 2 and 4 p.m.
- Where: Dallas Civic Center Gallery,
121 E Griffin St, Dallas
- When: Drop Off:
Saturday, March 2, 1 to 4 p.m.; Student
Art Show Reception: March 10, 2 to 4 p.m.
- Cost: Entry fee is $2 per student.
Celebrate the History of Smyrna's Brown Elementary
- What: This will be an opportunity for children, families, teachers and staff to come together to celebrate and reminisce about their time being a part of the school before it closes its doors.
- Where: Brown Elementary School, 3265 Brown Rd, Smyrna 30080
- When: 2-4 p.m., Sunday, March 3
Walton Drama presents Irving Berlin's "Annie Get Your Gun"
- What: The musical is a fictionalized version of the life of Annie Oakley, a sharpshooter who starred in Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show and her romance with sharpshooter Frank Butler.
- Where: Walton High School Theater, 1590 Bill Murdock Road, Marietta
- When: Feb. 28, March 1, 7 p.m.; and March 2, 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Cost: $10 general seating, $15 reserved seating (online)
- What: The ‘Cossak Warriors’ on horseback; Motorcycle Nitro Cowboys in the globe of Death; camels and zebras performing with ponies; clowns and comedy acts and more.
- Where: Jim Miller Park Arena, 2245 Callaway Rd., Marietta 30008
- When: Sunday, March 3 at 1 p.m., 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m., 877-373-0477,
- Cost: Child General Admission: $8; Child Ringside VIP: $18; Adult: $28; Adult Ringside: $38.
Annual Prom Dress Consignment Sale
- What: $1500 in cash prizes. Five $100 games and one $1000 game.
- Where: American Legion Post 264,
6251 Ivey Rd SE, Mableton
- When: March 1, 2, 4, 5, 8 and 9 from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Cost: $7, 770-944-8099
"Death at the Doo-Wop" A Murder Mystery Dinner
The Murder Mystery Company presents their show "Death at the Doo-Wop". The class of 1957 is having one killer prom, but before the king and queen can have their first dance, tragedy strikes. Play detective in this interactive murder mystery dinner.
- Where: 892 Jefferson St NW, Atlanta, GA 30318 (Blue Mark Studios)
- When: Feb. 28, March 1, 8, 9, 14 and 15 from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m.
- Cost: $60
Story Circle: Children's Story Time