22 Aug 2014
79° Clear
Patch Instagram photo by patch
Patch Instagram photo by julieannmckevitt

2 Firefighters Overcome By Heat in Chamblee Blaze

Two DeKalb Fire and Rescue crew members were treated for heat exhaustion Monday after battling a house fire in Chamblee.

2 Firefighters Overcome By Heat in Chamblee Blaze

Two DeKalb Fire and Rescue crew members were treated at area hospitals for heat exhaustion Monday after battling a house fire in Chamblee.

The home is located in the 1800 block of Remington Road. Investigators told WAGA TV that the blaze may have been sparked by a dryer vent.

A neighbor said the residents of the house were able to get out safely, along with their pets.

Authorities said the firefighters were not seriously injured.

No damage estimate has yet been determined.

>>See WAGA’s full report here.

Share This Article