Click on the links below for more details
1. A Peeping Tom used a stolen ladder in an attempt to see into a second-story window recently in the Stone Mountain area. Police responded after the woman resident called . The man fled, but police found the ladder he used leaning up against the house. The ladder ended up being stolen from a neighbor’s yard a week before the incident.
2. You know a relationship is over when an . Two such incidents were reported recently in the Norcross area. One involved an ex-boyfriend, who doused his former girlfriend’s clothes and other belongings with bleach. The girlfriend also told police that during a recent abusive argument, the ex had told her, "I should kill you right now; you don't understand that I love you to death." Nice guy, huh? In the other incident, an ex-girlfriend poured bleach all over the inside of the home of her ex-boyfriend’s roommate.
3. “Because dude,” was the answer a man gave a Gwinnett Police officer when asked why . According to the incident report, when an officer asked if “this seemed like an appropriate location to urinate,” the man replied, “I guess not dude.”
4. that a Buford man intended to use to buy a new car. The man had withdrawn $5,000 each from two banks to purchase the car, but in the two minutes it took him to go back into the second bank for an unrelated reason, someone forced open the door to his car and took the cash. The money was in an envelope tucked into his backpack in the car. Tucked into his back pocket would have been a better choice.
5. That a Loganville woman was doing 65 in the center turn lane on Highway 78 was bad enough, but when , things got a lot more serious. She was eventually stopped after driving on the wrong side of the highway. Not surprising, she was arrested on DUI and other charges.
6. What is it about ? An inpatient motorist did just that when the driver of the car in front of him didn’t move quickly enough when the light turned green at a Dacula-area intersection. The driver of the first car said he was momentarily distracted by an incoming call on his cell phone.
7. A Braselton man arrested on outstanding warrants told police they got the wrong man. That was despite the fact a search found several cards, including a Social Security card, in his wallet with his name on them. .
8. A Buford woman said she was remorseful for , and even tried to return the items, but she still faces numerous charges. The woman told police that a “little voice in my head” told her that she had done a bad thing. She returned some of the stolen items, but jewelry that she had pawned could not be recovered.
9. An Athens woman is accused of using a house-cleaning job to case the residence of an elderly man and . The woman was charged with theft by taking and exploitation of disabled or elder persons.
10, An unruly man and woman gave Winder Police their eyes, hands and ears full after a traffic stop. According to the police report, the two were drinking when the . When caught the woman refused an officer’s order to lie down and the officer subsequently pushed her over, prompting the man to say, “Don't touch her, I'm going to beat your [expletive deleted]." The pair face multiple charges.
11. What a sight it must have been for a Mall of Georgia employee to see when he reached his car after his shift. and stole two tires, rims and even the lug nuts.
12. “666” was spray-painted on the back door of a Buford martial-art studio, where . The swords were displayed on the wall. An empty beer can was left behind.