FRI-6.8.12: "Musicals Suck, The Musical" at , 280 Elizabeth St. NE, Atlanta, GA. The production, written by Travis Sharp and Kevin Gillese (who also directs), centers around Sydney, who hates musicals. As misfortune has it, she gets cursed by a gypsy who turns her life and world into a musical. She has to learn to sign and dance to break the curse and escape. Shows run June 8 through June 30 (Thurs, Fri, & Sat) at 8 p.m. Tickets:
- On Thursdays -Just Seats: $14 online, $16 phone & door (1/2 off with student ID)
- On Fridays - Just Seats: $16 online, $18 phone & door
- On Saturdays - Just Seats: $18 online, $20 phone & door
- Keep Atlanta Beautiful’s award winning electronics recycling collection now accepts paper for secure shredding, post consumer polystyrene, popularly known as Styrofoam, and latex paint at the Community Recycling Center in Old Fourth Ward at the former Walden Middle School, 320 Irwin St. Collection day is the 2nd Saturday of every month from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. There are no residency restrictions and most items are free to drop off, but there is a $10 handling fee per TV. The paint can recycling fees are: 1 gal can $3; 1 qt can $1.50; 1 pt can $1, and 5 gal bucket $15.00.
- Intown Healthy Hound & City-Kitty, at 891 Cherokee Ave. is hosting another low-cost shot clinic for dogs and cats from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on a first come-first served basis. Pet parents, please have your dogs on a leash and cats in a carrier. Dr. Edwards can sell heartworm preventative while he is in the shop. Costs for shots range from $42 to $67 depending upon the package. Rabies vaccines are $15 and microchipping is $35.
Kyle Brooks' Summer Art Show "Pockets Full of Fish" at , 720 Moreland Ave. SE. Brooks, a folk artist, showcases his work and talent at Hodgepodge Coffeehouse and Gallery in East Atlanta. He will display artwork as well as do a live painting at the gallery from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m.
- The 2nd Annual Flash Mob Water Balloon Fight at Candler Park, 585 Candler Park Drive NE. Last year, organizers said more than 300 people came to throw more than 10,000 balloons at one another. The fight starts at 3 p.m. and will be followed by a wet t-shirt contest.
- Old 4th Ward Spring Fling at Historic Fourth Ward Park, 680 Dallas St. NE. Come hang out in the park and listen to live jazz, enjoy beer provided by New Belgium Brewery and food from your favorite food trucks. The fling runs from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.