1. Cobb EMC Watch, a reform group, is holding a candidates forum Tuesday from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Rib Ranch Restaurant, 2063 Canton Road.
The event, which formally gets underway at 7:30 p.m., comes in the wake of the criminal indictment of Cobb EMC CEO Dwight Brown.
For information, call 770-592-9424 or send an e-mail to email@example.com. The event is free, but dinner orders are encouraged.
2. The basketball teams from Wheeler and Walton at Lassiter and at home to Cherokee, respectively, with plenty to play for as the subregion battle reaches its climax. The Wildcats boys are ranked No. 3 in Class AAAAA and the Raiders are ranked sixth, but they're tied for the 5-AAAAA South lead. Pope's hoopsters are in action at Kell.
3. The East Cobb Area Council of the Cobb Chamber of Commerce will hold a breakfast meeting Wednesday at 7:45 a.m. at the Indian Hills Country Club, 4001 Clubland Drive.The guest is AJC political columnist Jim Galloway, who will talk about the ongoing Georgia legislative session. Online registration is closed but walk-up registration for members is $25 for members and $35 for non-members. Call 770-980-2000 for information.
4. The Northeast Cobb and McCleskey-East Cobb YMCA branches have begun their annual Partner With Youth campaign, a fundraising drive with proceeds to benefit families and individuals in need. The highlight is next week's "My Y Week" celebration. For information visit www.giveymca.org
5. The Art Place's Empty Bowl Brunch fundraiser in December raised $2,485, with $1,485 donated to MUST Ministries and the other $1,000 to replace grant funds for a program with Cobb Girls Court that assists at-risk teens.