The college recruiting world will have to wait until the morning to find out where the nation’s No. 1 high school football played will attend college.
With it be LSU or Ole Miss for Grayson’s Robert Nkemdiche?
Got a take on where Robert Nkemdiche should play college football? Tell us in the comments below.
The talented defensive end is expected to announce his decision after 7:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 6, live on ESPNU as part of the network’s National Signing Day coverage.
Since Nkemdiche “de-committed” from Clemson last year, speculation has gone crazy over where he will share his football talents.
- Yahoo Sports posted an Associated Press story Tuesday afternoon saying it'll be Oxford, Miss., citing family as an “insurmountable advantage” for Ole Miss, where Nkemdiche’s older brother Denzel is a linebacker. Reports also say that Nikemdiche’s mother wants him to be a Rebel.
- SportsIllustrated.com chronicled his roller-coaster recruitment, including last weekend’s last-minute visit to LSU, and came to the same conclusion — that family ties may prevail and he'll pick Mississippi.
- A group of Rivals.com bloggers also have predicted unanimously it’ll be Ole Miss.
- But, then there’s that LSU visit, which raised more than a few eyebrows, especially with Nkemdiche’s tweet afterward: “LSU pushing man!!! Getting hard now!”
Nkemdiche has more than 35,000 followers on Twitter, by the way, which shows the interest in the biggest decision of his life.
His ride has been fun and suspenseful. It ends Wednesday morning on national television.
Nkemdiche isn't the only top-tier Gwinnett star waiting until Wednesday to make a decision. Norcross running back Alvin Kamara, who led the Blue Devils to thie first state championship, will decide between Alabama and Georgia, according to head coach Keith Maloof.
He and the rest of his scholarship-earning teammates will celebrate National Signing Day with an afternoon party.
Check with Patch Wednesday morning for updates on National Signing Day.
Gwinnett's Football Commitments
Editor’s Note: College commitment information often changes. If you see an omission or error, let us know via email or the comments below.
- Ernest Alexander, Navy
- Trey Cheek, California
- Kris Hurley, Presbyterian
- Antonio Riles, Florida
- Deondre Singleton, Duke
- Andre Smellie, Shorter
- Zach Wachholz, Air Force
- Dorren Miller, Georgia Military College
- Tyler Evans
- Darien Holston, Florida A&M
- Afolabi Laguda
- Adam Ledford, Harvard
- Shaun McGee, Georgia
- Tim Mercado, LaGrange
- Kyrin Priester, Clemson
- Mikey Bart, North Carolina
- Josh Cardiello, Georgia
- Dontravious Wilson, Central Florida
- Trey Johnson, Ohio State
- Chris Palmer, Navy
- Brett Sheehan, South Alabama
- BJ Clay, Georgia State
- Marcus Cox, Appalachian State
- Brandon Goodson, Wofford
- Gregory Blackshear, Stetson
- Myles Campbell, Georgia Southern
- Lavonte Cranford, Minnesota West
- Jordan Dandridge, Minnesota West
- Jordan Dooley, Clark Atlanta
- Michael Stewart, Minnesota West
- Timothy Taylor
- Xavier Walker, Middle Tennessee State (2011 grad)
- Julian Williams, Lane College
- Jack Banda, Arizona
- Zach Barnes, Texas Tech
- Ryan Carter
- Kasey Gaines, Penn State
- Wayne Gallman, Clemson
- Jordan Germany
- Hayden Gregory, Mercer
- David Kamara
- Alex Louthan
- David McTier
- Richard Pryor
- Corey Schaeffer
GREATER ATLANTA CHRISTIAN
- Peter Whiteneck, Pennsylvania
- Daniel Yoon, St. Anselm
- Conner Cooper, McKendree
- Kelsey Griffin, South Carolina
- Marvin Elam, Charleston, W.Va.
- William Koen, Bethune-Cookman
- William Tulder, Navy
- Shon Akins, Middle Tennessee State
- Joseph Ledford, Georgetown
- Jahmal Jones, Middle Tennessee State
- Tommy Tate, Western Carolina
- Jalen Brooks, Maryland
- Michael Haynes, Mercer
- Andy Kwon, Georgia Southern
- Cam Lewis, Georgia Southern
- Donnie Miles, North Carolina
- Alex Stoehr, Georgia State
- Justin Wyatt, Ohio
- Chris Carson, Georgia Military College
- Blake Dunham, Faulkner
- Micah Finley, Valdosta State
- Kenny Flowers, Auburn (2011 grad)
- Freddie Hart, Shorter
- Shaq Vereen, Air Force
- Kyle Williams, Air Force
- Tony Porter, DT, Ohio
- Andrew Stanley, Mercer
- Daniel Stephens, OL, Middle Tennessee State
- Reginald Carter, Georgia (already enrolled)
- Deonte Davis, Wake Forest
- Nadarrius Eckers, Valdosta State
- LJ Gainey, Valdosta State
- Kevin Gary, Louisiana Tech (2011 grad)
- Nick Hylton, Valdosta State
- Devonte Lawrence-Spivey, St. Augustine
- Najee Morrison, S.C. State
- Bernard Morrison, South Carolina State
- Marquis Parker, Alabama State
- Jordan Ramey, Georgia Military College
- Weston Simmons, Grambling
- Daniel Ziegler, Georgia State
- Charles Mack, Richmond