1) Today there is a chance of showers, with a high near 76. The chance of precipitation is 40 percent. Tonight there is a 10 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8, with a low around 58.
2) The cheapest gas in town is $3.61 at the at 2761 N. Cobb Pkwy. and Pine Mountain Court.
3) ended all three rounds of the 2011 Atlantic Sun Men’s Golf Championship with the lead and this week earned its first golf championship in school history, winning by nine shots. The Owls’ Jeff Karlsson fired a three-day total of 6-under-par 207 to earn the individual medalist honor.
4) Kennesaw State University continues to expand its degree offerings, with the board of regents of the University System of Georgia approving two new master’s degrees and a new bachelor’s degree. The university will begin offering the master of science in criminal justice, master of arts in integrated global communication and bachelor of arts in art history this fall.
5) Today is Earth Day. And here's a way to celebrate.
Where: , 2382 Pine Mountain Rd. NW, Kennesaw. One of North Georgia’s hidden gems, Smith-Gilbert Gardens is an established collectors garden with more than 3,000 species of plants, many unique to American gardens. It is the site of the 1880s Hiram Butler home and 30 outdoor sculpture.
Time: 10 to 11 a.m.
The Kiddie Gardener series is for preschoolers 3 to 5 years old. Each program will focus on gardens, wildlife or ecology, typically with a book reading and related songs, dance or activity. After the program you and your child are welcome to explore the gardens. The fee is $5 per child. Children must be accompanied by an adult.