22 Aug 2014
79° Clear
Patch Instagram photo by legallyblonde27
Patch Instagram photo by legallyblonde27
Patch Instagram photo by ermyceap
Patch Instagram photo by taratesimu
Patch Instagram photo by taratesimu
Patch Instagram photo by lilyava299
Patch Instagram photo by _mollfairhurst
Patch Instagram photo by thecontemporaryhannah
Patch Instagram photo by lucyketch

Candle Causes Fire at Lawrenceville Home

An unattended candle destroyed a family's home in unincorporated Lawrenceville, Ga.

Candle Causes Fire at Lawrenceville Home

A family was forced from their home following an early morning fire Tuesday in unincorporated Lawrenceville.

Gwinnett County Fire & Emergency Services Lt. Colin Rhoden said the fire at a home on the 1800 block of Eagle Summit Court was caused by a candle. 

When crews arrived at the home just after 4am, they found heavy smoke and flames coming from the second floor of the home. High heat forced firefighter to flee the home and continue to battle the blaze from a ladder truck outside.

Firefighters were able to knock down the fire in about a half hour.

Two adults and one child was in the home at the time of the fire. One resident received minor burns to their hand after trying to put the fire out themselves. They were treated on the scene and released.

This was the second accidental fire in unincorporated Lawrenceville in a matter of hours. On Monday night, Gwinnett Firefighters were called to another home after a space heater sparked a blaze there.

Share This Article