The Environmental Horticulture program at Gwinnett Technical College will host a fall public plant sale Oct. 16-18. The sale will run daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the school's greenhouse located near building 600 on the Lawrenceville campus.
"We had such a great response to our expanded sale last year that we are again hosting the sale for three full days. We have a great selection, including flats of annuals for fall planting and fall herbs and vegetables," stated Aaron Poulsen, program director, Environmental Horticulture at Gwinnett Tech in a press release.
The following plants are scheduled to be available at the sale:
- Fall annuals: pansies, violas and snapdragons at $10 per flat
- Vegetables: romaine lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, Napa cabbage, bok choy
- Herbs: rosemary, cilantro, parsley and sage
- Daphne odora
- Pink Stardust Magnolias
- Confederate Jasmine
- Winter Honeysuckle
- Southern Shield Ferns
- Holly Ferns
- Crape myrtles (Plum Magic, Pocomoke, Pink Velour)
- Swamp Sunflower
- Sedum 'Neon'
- Oakleaf Hydrangeas
- Spiraea (Goldmound, Fujino Pink)
- Ornamental Grasses (Pink Muhly, Sweet Flag, Variegated Miscanthus)
First time visitors to the sale will find the GTC greenhouse adjacent to building 600 on the Gwinnett Tech campus, 5150 Sugarloaf Parkway in Lawrenceville.