- Is this an Arctic Front? According to Weather.com the high today will be **ONLY** 96! We'll get some intervals of cloud and sunshine and a stray afternoon thunderstorm is possible. The UV Index is 11 - which is EXTREME. Other weather forecasters are saying we'll be over the 100 degree mark - We can't stress enough the need to be safe in this hot weather. Stay hydrated, know the signs of stroke. We'll keep you updated with weather alerts here and on the Lilburn Patch Facebook page.
- Georgia's Clean Air Campaign predicts an air quality index of 147 which is A CODE ORANGE ALERT! Air Quality: Because of the predicted concentrations of GROUND-LEVEL OZONE, air quality in metro Atlanta is predicted to be "Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups." Health Advisory: Air is more likely to be unhealthy for more people. Children, people who are sensitive to ozone, and people with heart or lung disease should limit prolonged outdoor exertion during the late afternoon or early evening when ozone levels are highest.
Hollywood, Holidays & Observances:
- July 2 is "Be Nice to People You Don't Like Day" From traffic woes to that annoying person in the cubicle next to you ... it's a day to test your own endurance with playing nice.
- Something we can all relate to is Air Conditioning Appreciation Day. After several days of triple digit temperatures, I just don't think there's much more we need to say about this. Cool off and chill out.
- On July 2, 1947, a man and his son discovered a the remains of some kind of mysterious craft on their ranch near Roswell, New Mexico. The rest is history ... sort of. So today is World UFO Day. Have you had a close encounter of any kind with a UFO or alien? We'd love to hear!
- The City of Lilburn Offices will be closed on July 4th.
- Because of the holiday, Advanced Disposal will not be collecting trash on the Fourth of July. If your service is on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday, your collection day will be one day later than usual. Thank you for taking measures to accomodate the upcoming sanitation holiday.
- Make your plans now for the Sparkle in the Park, July 4th Celebration! Decorate your bike in your best festive red, white and blue for the Bicycle Parade; bring a blanket and some chairs to listen to some great music; spend the day among your neighbors. It's going to be a great time!
- Our commute widget shows the best gas price close to Lilburn is $2.50 at KROGER FUEL CENTER(DISCOUNT AVAILABLE) 2121 LAWRENCEVILLE SUWANEE RD, SUWANEE, GA 30024. In Lilburn, you can find it for $3.06 at Murphy USA 3950 Lawrenceville Hwy NW. We'll give you a mid-morning update on prices if we find some better deals! Before you head out for the day, check our Commute Widget for live traffic updates and the latest gas prices around Lilburn.