The following, in order of popularity, were the most viewed stories on Patch sites across Gwinnett in 2012. Click on the headline to read the full story.
1. Gingrich 2nd in Gwinnett GOP Straw Poll; Paul Wins - Suwanee Patch
Calling President Obama the "most dangerous president in modern American history," Newt Gingrich made bold statements on the current administration and his presidential plans in a February 2012 speech in Suwanee.
2. Former Loganville Funeral Director's License Suspended After He Dismembers Body - Loganville Patch
Man was also accused of threatening to kill a colleague and he reportedly attempted suicide inside his Loganville Funeral Home.
3. Pair Posing As Contractors Arrested on Burglary, Drug Charges - Dacula Patch
Police were called to a Dacula home in May after a neighbor reported seeing two people attempting to force open the front door of the home. After the pair walked to the rear of the home, the neighbor -- an off-duty police officer -- retrieved his police identification and personal firearm and walked over to the house to investigate.
4. Norcross Spa Shooting Leaves 5 Dead - Norcross Patch
In February of 2012, a man entered the Su Jung Health Sauna and shot four family members before turning the gun on himself.
5. Waffle House Restroom Incident Escalates - Duluth Patch
A customer was charged with aggravated assault this past August after pointing a handgun at another customer following a verbal dispute inside the Duluth restaurant.
6. - Snellville Patch
After a months-long battle, Hannah Rinehart passed away from complications due to a bacterial infection.
7. - Lawrenceville Patch
Walmart announced they were opening their first Georgia Neighborhood Market in Lawrenceville.
8. Thief With Eyeglasses ‘Like LeBron James’ Snatches Computer - Buford Patch
A Lawrenceville man initially did not realize what was happening when another man took his laptop computer and began to walk away during an Oct. 1 incident at the Mall of Georgia.
9. Bryson Park to Open Memorial Day Weekend - Lilburn Patch
Lilburn residents welcomed the opening of a new 69-acre park on Memorial Day weekend.
10. A Walmart in Peachtree Corners? - Peachtree Corners Patch
A local resident and Peachtree Corners council candidate weighed in on the prospect of having a Walmart move into an empty shopping center.
- Lilburn 2012: Year in Photos
- Top 10 Lilburn News Stories in 2012
- Year in Review: 20 Lilburn Crime Stories to Remember