The Weekender: Cupid Chase, Film Festival, Dinner and Dancing
Take a look at this roundup of events in Cobb, Douglas and Paulding Counties, Feb. 8 through Feb. 10.
Oyster and Mardi Gras Festival in Smyrna
- What: Second Annual Oyster and Mardi Gras Festival. There will be live music, New Orleans-style fare, drink specials, and all kinds of oysters, including po' boy form.
- When: Friday, Feb. 8 to Tuesday, Feb. 12
Atkins Park Restaurant & Bar, 2840 S. Atlanta Road, Suite B, Smyrna
- Feb. 8: Free;
- Feb. 9: $5 advance, $10 at the door;
- Feb. 10: $5 advance, $10 at the door;
- Feb. 11: Free;
- Feb. 12: $5;
Cupid Chase 5K Road Race
African American History Month Film Festival
- What: Screen the film Joyful Noise
- When: 3 p.m. Saturday
- Where: West Cobb Regional Library, 1750 Dennis Kemp Ln., Kennesaw
- Cost: free
Miss Paulding Sweetheart Pageant
- What: Pageant is open to girls from birth to 18 years old. Money raised is to benefit The Pride of Paulding, Paulding County High School Band.
- When: Saturday, Feb. 9
- Where: Paulding County High School,
1297 Villa Rica Hwy, Dallas
- Cost: $40
Love in the Country Dinner & Dancing
- What: Country fun with the "Love in the Country" dinner dance. Just put on your best blue jeans, boots and hat, grab your valentine for a night of heel kicking fun, taste bud tickling, old fashion romancing fun.
- When: Feb. 9 at 6 p.m.
1291 Braswell Rd, Rockmart
- Cost: $50