The Fifth Annual Attack of the Killer Tomato Festival at JCT. Kitchen & Bar, was held on Sunday, July 21, and featured 40 of the South’s best chefs, 14 skilled mixologists and over 20 farmers. According to a written release, "over 1,300 guests attended, raising $30,000 for Georgia Organics."
For the past 5 years some of Atlanta’s most talented chefs and mixologists have been paired with local farmers to create over-the-top tomato dishes and cocktails for guests to sample. Event attendees voted for their favorites. Award winners from this year include-
· Best Tasting Cocktail: Stuart White of Miller Union created the “Heirloom Reviver,” made with paQui Tequila tomato water (infused with Thai basil and culantro) lime and agave. Partner farms: Love is Love Farm, Rise ’N Shine Organic Farm, Serenbe Farms and Woodland Gardens.
· People's Choice – Best Tasting Cocktail: Eduardo Guzman of JCT. Kitchen & Bar, The Optimist made the “Farmer’s Revenge” with Farmer’s Botanical Small Batch Organic Gin infused with raspberries, Domaine de Canton, dill, heirloom tomatoes, lemon, black pepper and basil seeds.Partner farm: Dillwood Farms.
- People's Choice – Best Tasting Dish: Chris Hall of Local Three prepared “caprese” ice cream with tomato, ricotta and basil ice creams, parmesan oil and balsamic.Partner farm: Riverview Farms.
Farmer’s Revenge by Eduardo Guzman
Yields 3, 2 oz. drinks
-1 1/2oz Raspberry infused Farmer's Gin
(1 pound slightly muddle raspberries per 1 liter bottle gin, let it sit overnight, strain berries out)
- 1/2 oz Lemon Juice
- 1/2 oz Simple Syrup
- 1/2 oz Domaine de Canton Ginger Liq.
- 3/4 oz Tomato Agua Fresca**
- 2 pinches of black pepper
Add all ingredients in a shaker, shake well, pour over crush ice. Garnish with a raspberry
**For Tomato Agua Fresca:
1pound Sungold tomatoes
1 pound Cherry purple tomatoes
Couple of dill leafs
2 tablespoons sea salt
2 cups of filter waterCut tomatoes in half, add all ingredients in a blender. After blending, use a cheese cloth or a fine strainer to strain the tomato agua fresca.