The Winter 2014 class schedule has been released by The Cook's Warehouse ( www.cookswarehouse.com) with a wide variety of classes and several visiting and local chefs.
Owned and operated by founder Mary S. Moore, The Cook's Warehouse also retails high-end appliances; conducts private cooking classes for unique celebrations and corporate events, and is a pro bono partner with virtually every major cooking event and gourmet association in Atlanta. Locations are in Ansley Mall, East Cobb, and in Decatur.
From "Knife Skills 101 Hands On" to advanced, hands-on classes with local chefs, there are nearly 200 classes this quarter from which to pick.
Cookbook Authors/Special Events:
- Hiroko Shimbo, "Hiroko's American Kitchen: Cooking with Japanese Flavors"
- o January 28 at Midtown/Ansley Mall
- o January 29 at East Cobb
- Susanna Hoffman, "Bold: A Cookbook of Big Flavors"
- o February 6 at Midtown/Ansley Mall
- o February 22, Midtown/Ansley Mall
- o February 23, East Cobb
- o March 19, Decatur
- o March 20, Midtown/Ansley Mall
- Chef Gino Noci, of Trattoria l' Cche' c'è c'ê in Florence, Italy
- o January 31, East Cobb
- o February 6, Decatur
- Chef George Geary, contest judge, TV chef, author of nine cookbooks
- o March 27, Midtown/Ansley Mall
- o March 28, East Cobb
- o March 29, Decatur
Simple Abundance classes to benefit the Atlanta Community Food Bank:
- Chef Chad Clevenger of Alma Cocina, Masa! Masa! Masa!, 7-9 p.m. January 13, Brookhaven
- Chef Jeb Aldrich of 4th and Swift, Cooking with 4th and Swift, 7-9 p.m. January 27, Midtown/Ansley Mall
- Chef Linton Hopkins of Restaurant Eugene, Cooking Full-On Farm to Table IV, 7-9 p.m. February 3, Brookhaven
- Chef Woody Back of Table & Main, Valentine's Dinner from the Farmer's Market, 7-9 p.m. February 10, East Cobb
- Chef Jonathan Beatty of Ecco, Sirens of the Sea, 7-9 p.m. February 24, Midtown/Ansley Mall
- Chef Chris Hall of Muss & Turner's, Local Three Kitchen & Bar and Common Quarter, Of Cabbage & Potatoes - A Modern Take on Traditional Irish Classics, 7-9 p.m. March 17, East Cobb
- Chef Tracy Bloom with Allergy Coach Brooklyn Cole of Free Cuisine, Spring into Gluten-Free, March 24, Decatur
Holiday: Numerous Valentine's Day-, Easter- and St. Patrick's Day-themed classes, both demonstration and hands on, including many baking and date night classes for Valentine's; Mardi Gras, Easter Sunday Dinner, and Luck of the Irish and St. Patrick's Day Baking.
Cuisines: Choose from Asian, Burmese, Cajun-Creole, French, Greek, Indian, Irish, Italian, Mediterranean, Mexican, Southern, South Africa, Spanish and Thai flavors.
Seafood/shellfish: Several, including the not-to-be-missed Chef Gloria Smiley's Seafood Secrets and her Seafood Savvy series with the Georgia Aquarium.
Kids' Classes: A wide array including Party Foods, Pasta Making, Teen Cake Decorating and Valentine's Day Baking.
Lifestyle Classes: Multiple offerings including Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free and Paleo, Baby Food Basics, Heart Healthy and Point-Friendly recipes.
Technique classes: Knife skills, Hands On Canning and Preserving, Grilling and Cooking on the Big Green Egg®, Baking (cakes, candy making and tarts-quiches), and pasta-making including Chef Gloria Smiley's always-sold-out "Pasta-bilities" classes, among others.
- Knife Skills
- How to Sauté, Sear, Braise, Broil, Bake, Make Stocks, Poach
- French Mother Sauces
- Sous Vide
- Pressure Cooker
- Pasta-"bilities" Hands On, to learn homemade paste
Although most classes include wine after cooking demonstrations, there are strictly "Wine" and "Wine and Food Pairings" classes as well. This quarter's offerings include wine classes by country or region with our own Don Hackett who is both a Certified Sommelier and a Certified Specialist of Wine, and several wine classes with Francophile Jennifer Pounds.
The Cook's Warehouse ( www.cookswarehouse.com) is greater Atlanta's premier gourmet cookware store and cooking school with four stores in the Midtown, Decatur and Brookhaven areas in the city and the East Cobb County area of the suburbs. It offers more than 15,000 products for the kitchen and operates the largest avocational cooking school in the Southeast conducting more than 800 classes yearly, often taught by local chefs, and has a large web-based delivery-by-post site.
The Cook's Warehouse is truly "Every Excuse to Cook."