United Way of Metropolitan Atlanta is teaming up with Publix Super Markets and other community partners for the School Tools for Cool Kids supply drive. People are encouraged to stop by their neighborhood Publix through Aug. 12 to drop off school supplies.
Scores of underprivileged children in metro Atlanta are helped with the supplies they need to start school ready to learn. Last year, more than 14,000 children in the United Way's 13-county region were helped.
All Publix stores will have a School Tools for Cool Kids display near the front of the store. Prices will range between $5 and $10 for pre-packaged gifts, or customers can simply donate items bought from other locations.
All school supplies are needed, especially notebook and copier paper, pens, pencils, crayons, markers, folders, spiral notebooks and rulers.
Volunteers are needed Aug. 20-30 for sorting, taking inventory and distributing the school supplies. For a listing of volunteer times, or to sign up, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404.614.2911.
The Salvation Army Warehouse
1070 White St.
Atlanta, GA 30310
TASK: Sorting Supplies
- Monday, Aug. 20: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Monday, Aug. 20: 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 21: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 21: 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 22: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
TASK: Inventory Supplies
- Wednesday, Aug. 22: 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 23: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 23: 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 24: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
TASK: Filling Supply Requests
- Monday, Aug. 27: 9 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
TASK: Facilitating Distribution
- Thursday, Aug. 30: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.