UPDATE, Tuesday, Aug. 7, 10:45 a.m.: Dan Cathy will speak Aug. 28 at the Alpharetta Marriott, not the Country Club of the South as previously reported.
Dan T. Cathy, president and COO of Chick-fil-A, will speak at the August North Fulton Chamber of Commerce Eggs & Enterprise Breakfast.
Eggs & Enterprise Breakfast
- Tuesday, Aug. 28, 7:30 a.m.
- Registration deadline is Friday, Aug. 24
- Register online or by calling 770-993-8806, ext. 306.
- Sponsored by Georgia Power
Since 2001, Cathy has served as the president and chief operating officer of the 1,638-plus unit chain with its 61,000 employees. Rather than leading from his corporate office in Atlanta, Cathy chooses to spend the majority of his time traveling to the chain’s growing family of restaurants and interacting with Chick-fil-A’s committed team of restaurant Operators and team members.
The majority of his travels include participating in grand-opening ceremonies for new Chick-fil-A restaurants. Cathy attended numerous restaurant openings last year, spending the night in restaurant parking lots along with hundreds of customers who were vying for a chance to win free Chick-fil-A food for a year as part of a special customer-focused promotion the chain conducts in conjunction with new restaurant openings. Reflecting on these experiences, Cathy notes, “I’m having the most fun I have ever had at Chick-fil-A.”
Cathy has also been in the news for comments he made in an The chain is well known for its policy to stay closed on Sundays, a policy made by its founder, Truett Cathy. The company's website says, "He believes that all franchised Chick-fil-A® Operators and Restaurant employees should have an opportunity to rest, spend time with family and friends, and worship if they choose to do so."
Cathy's nearly lifelong career at Chick-fil-A began at age 9 as he sang songs for customers and did radio commercials for the chain's original "Dwarf House" restaurant in Hapeville, Ga.
Chick-fil-A Awards and Honors
- 2009 – Received Restaurant & Institutions magazine’s “Choice in Chains” award for the 15th time in 16 years. Topped QSR magazine’s 2009 Best Drive Thru in America survey for the sixth time in the 12-year history of the study.
- 2008 – BusinessWeek and J.D. Power and Associates named Chick-fil-A among the top 25 “Customer Service Champs.”
- 2007 – Recognized as first in overall service in a survey jointly conducted by Zagat and NBC’s “Today Show.”
- 2004 – Honored with Fast Company magazine’s inaugural “Customer First” award; and was the highest rated quick-service chain in the South in J.D. Power and Associate’s Customer Satisfaction survey.