If you haven’t yet registered to vote, get it off your to-do list now.
Today is National Voter Registration Day, and thousands of local, state and national organizations have mobilized to make sure millions of people don’t miss the chance to cast their vote in this year’s elections.
Six million people didn’t vote in the 2008 elections because they either did not know how to register or because they missed the voter registration deadline.
The voter registration deadline for Georgia is Oct. 9.
Here’s how you can register in time for the Nov. 6 elections:
- Fill out a voter registration form in person at the Board of Elections office at 455 Grayson Highway, Suite 200, in Lawrenceville, 30046 (in the Town Center shopping center).
Download a voter registration form from the Board of Elections website and mail it to:
Gwinnett County Board of Registrations and Elections
75 Langley Drive
Lawrenceville, Ga 30046
To register to vote in Georgia, you must be:
- A citizen of the United States
- A legal resident of Georgia and of the county in which you wish to vote
- At least 18 years old by Election Day
Registered voters may request an absentee ballot by mail up to 180 days prior to any election; ballots will be mailed beginning September 21.
Voters may cast their ballots in person from October 15 to November 2, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Gwinnett County Elections Office, located at 455 Grayson Highway in Lawrenceville. Saturday voting will also be available at the elections office on October 27 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
For the convenience of voters, satellite offices will be open Saturday, October 27, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and October 29 - November 2 from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the the following Gwinnett sites:
- Centerville Community Center in Snellville
- George Pierce Park Community Recreation Center in Suwanee
- Dacula Park Activity Building in Dacula
- Lucky Shoals Park Community Recreation Center in Norcross
For more information about voter registration and advance voting, visit www.gwinnettelections.com.