More than 1,000 students, including those from Peachtree Corners schools, participated in the 35th annual Gwinnett County Regional Science and Engineering Fair on Friday, Feb. 22.
It is the county's largest regional event, and students come from public schools, private schools, homeschools and more.
The theme this year is "Motivating the Next Generation of Science and Engineering Leaders—from Classroom to Career."
-- See the attached video of Ella Dommert, third-grade student from Simpson Elementary. Her project is "Where do birds dine?"--
Judges announced the winners late Friday night. Check the event's website next week to learn who all the winners are.
In the Peachtree Corners area, the following schools participated:
- Duluth High School: Four students, four projects
- Norcross High School: Three students, three projects
- Pinckneyville Middle School: Two students, two projects
- Berkley Lake Elementary School: Three students, two projects
- Simpson Elementary School: Six students, six projects
-- Where you, your child or your student at the science fair Friday? If so, upload pictures of this proud moment to the Peachtree Corners Patch's gallery. --