Storms and downed trees seem as connected as thunder and lightning, these days.
Several Sandy Springs roads remained closed last night as Georgia Power crews worked to clear downed trees or wires from the evening storms.
The attached photo, from City of Sandy Springs, shows a home damaged by a tree on Hunting Creek Road at Mount Vernon Highway. Two people were inside but escaped uninjured.
Separately, a female passenger escaped serious injuries when a tree fell on a vehicle on Johnson Ferry Road, an announcement said.
The following roads were closed late last night from the storm.
- Twin Branches Way / Oak Trail
- Glenairy Way
- 300 Johnson Ferry Road
- 5666 Long Island Drive
- 55 Marchman Drive
- Riverside at Old Riverside Drive
- Glenridge Drive at Glenridge Ave
- 5901 Peachtree Dunwoody Road
- 4869 Coach Lane
- Mount Vernon Road at Dunwoody Station Drive
- Peachtree Dunwoody at Hammond Drive
- Dunwoody Club Drive at Jett Ferry
- High Point at Zeblin Road
- Lake Forest at Marrimen