15 Sep 2014
75° Overcast
Patch Instagram photo by cocktailsinthek

Minor Injury Reported at Suwanee House Fire

"Minor burns" were treated at the scene.

Minor Injury Reported at Suwanee House Fire

A Wednesday afternoon fire that burned through the roof of a Suwanee-area home, also caused a minor injury to one of the residents.

Gwinnett Fire arrived at the Hillcrest View Court residence after 4 p.m. Wednesday, May 21, to find heavy smoke and fire coming from the two-story home. The fire, which started on the back deck, was ruled accidental.

Fire spokesman Lt. Colin Rhoden said family members were alerted by a smoke alarm and got out without serious injuries.

“One family member had minor burns and was treated and released at the scene,” Rhoden said in a media release. “No other injuries were reported and the family will be displaced but will not require American Red Cross assistance at this time.”

The house sustained heavy damage.

Share This Article