Here are the latest updates on road work being done around Powder Springs and Cobb County, according to Cobb Commissioners Bob Ott, Helen Goreham, JoAnn Birrell, Lisa Cupid and the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT).
SE & SW
New Left-Turn Signal
The new flashing yellow arrow left-turn signal at East-West Connector and Cooper Lake Road is now working. Click here to find out what you need to know about the new signal system..
Davidson Road to Willow Point Parkway
Expect periodic lane closures from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, with one lane open for your commute. The contractor will be grading and placing concrete, and work on asphalt paving between Hyde Road and Asheforde Drive.
Willow Point Pkwy to Timber Ridge Road
Expect periodic lane closures from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, with one lane remaining open for commute.
Karls Gate Drive to Lake Fjord Pass
Expect intermittent lane closures from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, with one lane remaining open while the contractor continues grading, placing concrete sidewalk and begins water main installation.
Old Paper Mill Drive
Contractor will be forming and pouring concrete headwall Monday through Friday.
Clay Road to Hicks Road
Expect periodic lane closures from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday with one lane remaining open while the contractor installs new water main, storm drainage and placing concrete.
Floyd Road Pedestrian Access
Temporary sidewalks are in place are in place to assist pedestrians while crews remove old sidewalks and install new sidewalks along the east side of Floyd Road.
All existing CCT bus stops will be maintained during construction. Pedestrian paths may be temporarily relocated during short-duration closures as construction continues.
Austell Road to Powder Springs Road
Expect periodic lane closures Monday through Friday with one lane in both directions remaining open while the contractor places concrete sidewalk and driveways.
Ledford Drive Drainage Construction
Ledford Drive is closed Monday through Friday, but access is available in both directions. The contractor will continue the construction of a new culvert during this time.
Asphalt paving operations, which include lane closures with one lane remain open at all times, are scheduled Monday through Friday on the following roads:
- Brownsville Road from Hiram-Lithia Springs Road to the Paulding County Line.
- Hiram-Lithia Springs Road from Brownsville Road to the Douglas County Line.
NE & NW
Wade Green Road to Canton Road
- 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday through Friday, expect periodic lane closures with one lane open while the contractor installs curb, water main, and storm drainage between Wade Green Road and Bells Ferry Road.
Wicks Valley Drive
The project includes replacing both headwalls, repairing the pipe, and stabilizing the shoulders. The contractor will continue installing erosion control and clearing from Monday through Friday.
Holly Mill Run Drainage Construction
The project includes replacing the inlet headwall, repairing pipes, and stabilizing the shoulder. The contractor may begin survey layout and utility locates.
Mabry Road Drainage Construction
Mabry Road will be closed Friday, April 5 after 6 p.m. through Sunday, April 14 for contractor to install a culvert across the road. Advance notification and signed detour routes will be provided.
Barrett Parkway Construction
- 10 p.m.–3 a.m., Wednesday into Thursday morning, southbound traffic will be detoured into northbound lane, which will provide one lane in each direction during beam setting.
- 7 a.m. until 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, expect periodic lane closures southbound between Cobb Place and Burnt Hickory Road with one lane open while the contractor continues grading operations, wall construction, storm drainage work and asphalt paving.
- 9 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday through Friday, expect periodic lane closures northbound between Burnt Hickory Road and Cobb Parkway (US 41) with one lane open at all times.
Jiles Road Construction
- Cobb Pkwy to CSX Railroad Bridge: Expect periodic lane closures from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, with one lane remaining open.
- Jiles Road at Old 41 Highway: Expect delays Friday night through Saturday morning.
Ballard Drive to Dallas Highway (SR 120)
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, expect periodic lane closures with one lane remaining open.