The Cobb County School District is again offering School Choice (HB 251 and SB10) transfers for the 2014-2015 school year. The application window for this year will open on Monday, February 10 and close at 5 p.m. on Friday, February 28:
- A complete list of school/class space will be posted on the District website Monday, February 3.
- No early or late applications will be accepted.
- School Choice applications may be mailed, personally brought to 514 Glover Street or faxed to 678-594-8557.
- Any resident student of CCSD may apply for School Choice.
- Available space at a school is based upon permanent classroom space which includes available seats in each classroom.
- Applications are per child, not per family group.
- Available spaces are not assigned on a first come, first served basis.
- If there are more applications than spaces at a particular school, a lottery will be held.
- Selected students may complete the highest grade of that particular school only.
- Parents are responsible for timely transportation to and from the transfer school.
- Parents will be notified via telephone or e-mail prior to Spring Break.
- School choice transfer students must pre-enroll at the school by May 1, 2014 (high school students must have an appointment or be registered by the deadline).
- Charter schools and new schools are exempt from School Choice.
Additionally, parents of students who participate ion GHSA-sanctioned athletics or activities should review GHSA eligibility guidelines while considering School Choice options. Complete information is available on the Cobb County School District website.