The Illinois State Police (ISP) announced the results of a Roadside Safety Check (RSC) held during the late evening hours of Friday, May 23, and early morning hours of Saturday, May 24.
The detail was conducted on the exit ramp from the westbound Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90) to Illinois Route 31 by ISP District 15 officers.
Alcohol is involved in nearly 40 percent of fatal crashes in Illinois. RSCs are designed to remove alcohol-impaired drivers.
However, when other violations are observed such as driving with a suspended or revoked license, operating a vehicle without a valid registration or insurance, or safety belt violations, enforcement action may be taken.
The following citations were issued at the safety check:
- Registration offenses: 3 arrests, 2 warning
- Insurance offenses: 14 arrests
- Driver’s license offenses: 6 arrests
- Equipment offenses: 4 warnings
- Occupant Restraint offenses: 2 arrests
- Other IVC offenses: 1 arrest