Runner Bill Jensen was the top finisher among Algonquin and Lake in the Hills residents participating in Sunday's Bank of America Chicago Marathon, according to the official marathon website.
Of the 37,000 runners who competed in the 26.2-mile race, 145 were from Algonquin and LITH.
Jensen finished in 860th place overall with a time of 2:59.46.
Tsegaye Kebede of Ethiopia finished first overall among the men, and the top overall finisher among the women was Atsede Baysa of Ehtiopia. The Chicago Tribune has a full article on Sunday's marathon.
Other top male finishers in Algonquin and Lake in the Hills include:
- Kevin Peifer, Algonquin, 3:02.2
- Bradley Lindgren, Algonquin, 3:04.09
- Jeremy Leifel, Algonquin, 3:13.54
- Chris Quinn, Algonquin, 3:18.39
- Daniel Thompson, Algonquin, 3:20.39
- Brandon Queen, Lake in the Hills, 3:23.32
- Anthony Destephano, Lake in the Hills, 3:25.24
- Seth Kopf, Lake in the Hills, 3:28.22
- Brian Necker, Algonquin, 3:30.32
- Matthew Grubbs, Lake in the Hills, 3:30.38
Other top female finishers in Algonquin and Lake in the Hills include:
- Tracy Kilvinger, Lake in the Hills, 3:47.46
- Joan Augustyn, Lake in the Hills, 3:48.22
- Amanda Haase, Lake in the Hills, 3:55.30
- Cheryl Kulakewycz, Algoonquin, 4:07.19
- Jody Menke, Lake in the Hills, 4:10.22
- Kim Kusch, Lake in the Hills, 4:10.43
- Georgette Zimmerman, Algonquin, 4:28.46
- Casandra Reicher, Algonquin, 4:28.46
- Michelle Hanzely, Algonquin, 4:29.10
- Michelle Conti, Algonquin, 4:30.44
- Jessica Harper, Lake in the Hills, 4:36.30
- Erika Lindgren, Algonquin, 4:39.27
Are you a local resident who completed the Chicago Marathon this past weekend? Share a photo from the race with the community by clicking on the "Upload Photos and Videos" tab below the photo.