The following is a release from Hinsdale Township High School District 86:
The Hinsdale South High School Foundation is now accepting nominations for its 2013 Hall of Fame induction. The Hinsdale South Hall of Fame recognizes alumni and retired staff that have honored the high school by distinguishing themselves through career achievements, outstanding community service, and significant contributions to the Hinsdale South community.
“The Hall of Fame is a wonderful opportunity to recognize former students and staff of exemplary character that have carried out Hinsdale South’s vision of excellence in their careers, their communities, and in society at large,” Hinsdale South Principal Brian Waterman said. “We are excited to continue this great tradition by opening up nominations for 2013.”
Nominations will only be accepted through the official nomination form and must be submitted to the Hall of Fame Committee at Hinsdale South High School no later than June 14. Inductees will be honored at a November 2013 ceremony.
Past inductees have brought acclaim to Hinsdale South and have served as inspirational models for students. They have achieved great success in their respective fields. Hall of Fame inductees include:
- Grant Stuart; Class of 1986; vice president of co-branded content at VH1.
- Matt Walsh; Class of 1982; actor in The Hangover, Veep, and Ted; co-founder of the Upright Citizens Brigade comedy theaters in New York and Los Angeles.
- Kevin Kasper; Class of 1996; Super Bowl champion and fitness entrepreneur.
- Donald Palandech; Class of 1975; U.S. Air Force Colonel and commander of the Air Force ROTC at Arizona State University.
- Mary Navins Dillon; Class of 1979; global chief marketing officer of McDonald’s Corporation and board member of Housing Opportunities for Women.
Nomination forms are available at the Hinsdale South High School Foundation website - http://www.hshsfoundation.org/hall-of-fame1.html.