Lucky enough to get a mobile device this holiday season? Let's put it to work learning about your community.
Patch has apps for iPhones and Android phones, and also makes it easy for you to upload photos, news and comments from anywhere. Here's a look at a few ways you can connect with Patch through your mobile device.
Patch for iPhone
Patch for iPhone keeps customers connected to the latest news, weather, local business listings and current events happening in their neighborhood. Patch’s app will keep them engaged and mobile by delivering 24/7 local community coverage.
The Patch app's useful features include:
- Access the most relevant Patch news and local blog posts.
- Stay up-to-date on weather and forecasting reports.
- Search the various business listings in your community.
- Discover what intriguing events are happening near you.
- Comment on stories or upload photos via Facebook or email.
Plus, they can save anything from favorite stories to business listings direct to the iPhone for easy offline access. Customer opinions are extremely valued, so send app feedback to the Patch team is encouraged. Patch can be the number one resource for all communities, as they experience the convenience of it right in their hand.
Patch Places for Android
Patch Places is the go-to directory of local businesses in 800+ Patch towns. Any Patch community can be selected to connect to a mobile directory of every place nearby with Patch Places for Android. From local businesses and organizations to government offices and public parks, there will be hundreds of comprehensive listings in the palm of their hands – anytime, anywhere.
Helpful features of Patch Places:
- Search nearby shops, restaurants, and nightlife spots.
- Call a business location or find it on a map.
- Browse pictures and upload your own.
- Share place pages via email, Facebook, and Twitter.
The official place’s website can be viewed for more information on their goods and services and can be saved to favorites for later offline viewing. The purpose of Patch Places is to bring communities closer together and to make everything local.
Outside of Patch, there are dozens of way you can contribute to the daily/hourly/moment-to-moment conversations going on in your community. Here's a few more you may want to expore:
- Twitter - Send updates on the fly
- Facebook - Access your account on the move
- Instagram - Photo sharing