The Downers Grove Junior Woman's Club selected eight junior high students as winners of the annual Junior High Art Contest. Winning artwork selected will be featured at the Community Bank of Downers Grove.
An annual event, the Club received many submissions of original art from local students. “Part of the Junior Woman’s Club’s mission to support educational as well as personal growth in the community and we are pleased to participate once again in this student art contest.” said Club President Joanne Vought. “We were pleased with the response from students and impressed by the innovative designs from these aspiring young artists.”
Collectively, the winners won $250 on behalf of the Community Bank of Downers Grove and The Downers Grove Junior Woman’s Club. The winners include:
· Best in Show: 7th Grader Brin Driscoll of Herrick Middle School for “Fall Day in the Mountains”
· 1st Place: 8th Grader Hollis Kerr of Herrick Middle School for “Owl”
· 1st Place: 7th Grader Sarah Kim of Avery Coonley for “Arctic Swans Against the Daybreak”
· 2nd Place: 8th Grader Emma Bjeldanes of Avery Coonley for “Sunflowers in a Field”
· 2nd Place: 7th Grader Taylor Fingerhut of Herrick Middle School for “Red Roof”
· Honorable Mentions: 7th Grader Margarita Kuzmanova of O’Neill for “International,” 8th Grader Grace Lohrmann of Avery Coonley for “Life,” and 7th Grader Ellie Maher of Herrick Middle School for “Bike Ride to Gilbert Park”
All artists were honored on Tuesday, March 25th at The Lincoln Center with friends and family present.
About the Downers Grove Junior Woman’s Club
The Downers Grove Junior Woman's Club is a non-partisan, non-denominational, volunteer women's organization. Its members are dedicated to supporting and raising the awareness of charitable organizations, individuals in need, and the community. For more information visit the website www.dgjwc.org.