21 Aug 2014
74° Mostly Cloudy
Patch Instagram photo by elmhurstilpatch
Patch Instagram photo by elmhurstilpatch
Patch Instagram photo by elmhurstilpatch
Patch Instagram photo by patch
Patch Instagram photo by patch
Patch Instagram photo by patch
Patch Instagram photo by patch
Patch Instagram photo by patch
Patch Instagram photo by patch

Second Man Charged With Murder for Shooting Death of Bensenville Store Clerk

Tremayne Davis is the second man to be charged with the murder after police said Husein Saghir was shot and killed on Jan. 10 outside the Sam’s Tobacco and Foodmart store in Bensenville

Second Man Charged With Murder for Shooting Death of Bensenville Store Clerk

A 23-year-old Chiacgo man has been charged with murder for his connection in the shooting death of a Bensenville convenience store clerk in January, police said over the weekend. 

A DuPage County Judge set the bond for Tremayne Davis, 23, of 1417 N. Lotus in Chicago, at $2.5 million with 10 percent to apply, according to a Sunday press release from the DuPage County State's Attorney's office. 

Davis has been charged with one count of first degree murder, one count of attempted armed robbery and one count of obstructing justice.

Davis is the second man to be charged with the murder after police said Husein Saghir was shot and killed on Jan. 10 outside the Sam’s Tobacco and Foodmart store in Bensenville as he was preparing to leave for the evening, according to the news release.

Kenneth Bardlett, 20, of Bellwood,  was charged earlier this month with murder and received the same bond as Davis.

On Jan. 10, police said Davis, Bardlett and at least one accomplice encountered Saghir outside the Sam’s Tobacco and Foodmart store. At that time, there was a brief altercation, Saghir was shot and later died from his injuries, according to the news release. 

Police said Davis was the getaway driver following the murder. An investigation conducted by the Bensenville Police Department, the Major Crimes Task Force and the DuPage County State’s Attorney’s Office led authorities to Bardlett. 

The investigation into Saghir’s murder continues.

“I would like to thank the Bensenville Police Department and the Major Crimes Task Force for their continued efforts on this case. Because of their hard work and determination, we continue to make progress in the murder investigation of Mr. Saghir,” Berlin said. “I am confident that as we continue this investigation we will ultimately hold all parties involved responsible for their actions. I would also like to thank Assistant State’s Attorney Tim Diamond for going above and beyond the call of duty this past month in seeking justice for Mr. Saghir.”

Davis’s next court appearance is scheduled for March 17. 


Share This Article