While Geneva schools are looking at changing elementary school bounaries for the 2013-14 school year, officials also are hoping new residents and families with kindergarten-age children be sure to take part in the upcoming kindergarten enrollment.
There will be districtwide kindergarten enrollment from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 5, at all Geneva elementary schools.
"As you may know, a District Task Force is currently investigating the possibility of making slightadjustments to our elementary school boundaries," the district said in a recent eblast. "Due to this work, please know the possibility exists that the school where you turn in your enrollment paperwork on March 5 may not ultimately be the school where your child attends kindergarten.
"If such a boundary adjustmentdoes occur, this decision will be made before our annual Taste of Kindergarten activities in May to ensure that prospective 2013/2014 kindergarteners have the opportunity to participate inthis event at what will be their home school."
The schools participating in the March 5 enrollement are:
- Fabyan Elementary School, 630-444-8600
- Harrison Street School, 630-463-3300
- Heartland Elementary School, 630-463-3200
- Mill Creek Elementary School, 630-463-3400
- Western Avenue Elementary School, 630-463-3500
- Williamsburg Elementary School, 630-463-3100
Children entering kindergarten must be 5 years old by Sept. 1, 2013.
Documents needed for enrollment are:
- your child’s original birth certificate or a certified copy, which will be copied and returned to you that evening,
- two documents confirming residency in Geneva, must be property tax bill, recentutility bill showing address, document from closing or rental lease, free of contingencies
- parent or guardian’s photo ID (drivers license, Visa, Passport) for identification purposes only
For your convenience enrollment documents may be downloaded from the Geneva 304website, completed at home, and turned in at the time of enrollment.
The district asks parents to contact the Central Administration Offices at Fourth Street (630-463-3000) after March 5 if you have a child entering kindergarten for the 2012-13 School Year and were unable to attend the districtwide Kindergarten Enrollment.