The Nov. 6 General Election is just around the corner.
With the Republican National Convention done and the Democratic National Convention wrapping up, it's time to start studying up so that you can make an informed vote.
Here's a quick look at the contested races you'll see on the November ballot in Geneva. Since our community is divided among several districts, your ballot will differ if you live on the East Side, West Side or Far West Side, especially in the state legislative categories.
- General Election: Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2012
- Last Day to Register to Vote: Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2012
- Grace Period Registration: Wednesday, Oct. 10, to Saturday, Nov. 3, 2012
- Absentee Voting Period: Thursday, Sept. 27, to Monday, Nov. 5, 2012
- Early Voting Period: Monday, Oct. 22, to Saturday, Nov. 3, 2012
- Polling places and a sample ballot: Type in your information at the Kane County Clerk's website to get started.
KANE COUNTY (contested races)
Kane County Board Chairman
- Republican: Chris Lauzen
- Democrat: Sue Klinkhamer
- Republican: L. Robert Russell
- Democrat: Tao Martinez
Kane County Circuit Clerk
- Republican: Thomas M. Hartwell
- Democrat: Edmund James Nendick
Kane County Recorder
- Republican: Sandy Wegman
- Democrat: Brenda Rodgers
Kane County Board District 11
- Republican: Michael J. Donahue
- Democrat: Martha Elaine Hanna
- If you have any tips or news related to the elections, email email@example.com.
Editor's note: Did we miss any? Are there any additions or corrections that need to be made? Contact editor Rick Nagel at firstname.lastname@example.org