Heinen’s Grocery Store, the Cleveland-based grocery chain, continues to expand in Chicago, this time in the suburb of Glenview. The grocer, that’s been serving Northeast Ohio for the past 85 years, opened its first suburban Chicago store in August 2012 in the Village of Barrington. The new downtown Glenview location will open on Wednesday, May 7 at 10 a.m. with an official ribbon cutting ceremony.
“Our new downtown Glenview grocery store celebrates everything we stand for as a local, family-centric business,” explains Jeff Heinen, part of the third-generation family that now oversees the chain with brother, Tom. “We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service and having customers leave our store feeling better than when they arrived.”
“It’s great to have a grocery store back in downtown Glenview, as an anchor and centerpiece to help achieve the community’s vision for downtown revitalization,” said Jim Patterson, village president. “Heinen’s represents the type of high-quality, full-service grocer that our residents and downtown businesses made clear they wanted during formulation of our downtown master plan.”
In addition to traditional mainstay groceries, Heinen’s is known for their in-store butchers and source-verified meats, overnight direct dock-to-store seafood, the highest quality seasonal produce, chef prepared foods, a vast assortment of organic products along with an award-winning gourmet cheese and wine department. Heinen’s shoppers are tremendously loyal to their favorite departments such as:
- An extensive produce department, including: organic offerings, high quality fruits and vegetables from around the world and locally grown seasonal produce
- In-store butcher and service case featuring Heinen’s Own beef and pork that is source-verified and raised to the company’s exacting standards guaranteeing superior quality, taste and tenderness
- The freshest seafood overnighted six days a week, from fishermen in Hawaii, Alaska, Washington and the New England coast directly from boats to Heinen’s seafood counters
- A gourmet and artisan cheese department with over 350 choices and an authentic deli with many organic choices, all natural and award-winning meats and cheeses
- A self-serve bulk olive oil and balsamic bar
- A salad bar featuring more than 50 good-for-you salads, chopped veggies, fruits
- Wellness Center with hundreds of gluten free products, premium brands of vitamins and supplements as well as a wide selection of probiotics and healthy drinks
- Complimentary one-on-one wellness coaching and counseling plus store tours (label reading, health and weight management and wellness educational seminars)
“Every single thing we do and decision we make is with the customer in mind,” says Tom Heinen. “We choose our suppliers very carefully and then maintain a true partnership of continuous improvement which is always designed to benefit our customers.”
Another way Heinen’s plans to support Glenview is through their Teaming Up for Education Program. At the end of each year, Heinen’s will donate up to 1 percent of a customer’s yearly spend to a designated school of their choice, all through their Heinen’s reward card.
The new Heinen’s store is located in downtown Glenview at 1020 Waukegan Road slightly north of Glenview Road. In the coming months, look for information and announcements regarding the opening of two additional Heinen’s stores, in Bannockburn and Lake Bluff. Grand opening festivities will continue throughout the summer – there will be weekly food-focused events ranging from in-store visits from Heinen’s exclusive food partners, culinary experts showcasing summer entertaining food and wine pairings and tastings.
Founded in 1929 in Shaker Heights, Ohio by a local butcher named Joe Heinen, Heinen’s Grocery Store has grown to 18 total store locations with 17 stores in the suburbs of Cleveland and one in Barrington, Illinois, a Chicago suburb. In 2014, Heinen’s has plans to open four new stores – three in suburban Chicago and one in downtown Cleveland in the historic Ameritrust Bank Building. Heinen’s employs over 3,000 associates. Today, Joe Heinen’s twin grandsons, Jeff and Tom Heinen carry on the family legacy of unrivalled quality food and world-class customer service. To learn more, connect with Heinen’s on Facebook, Twitter or the web.