An unattended candle from Tuesday night's vigil for Joey Frase at Campbell Airport resulted in a small brush fire.
Battalion Chief Jon Cokefair told Patch the Grayslake Fire Department responded to the scene with an engine at about 6:43 p.m. The fire was reported by someone at the airport.
"It was an unintentional fire caused by an unattended candle."
Cokefair said the incident was minor and did not affect a large area.
"We extinguished it with a hose line in about a half hour."
The vigil held for Grayslake's Joey Frase, whose body was found near the airport Tuesday morning after he had been reported missing Sunday, Jan. 20, began at 6 p.m. and included dozens of family and friends.
Cokefair said no one from the vigil was on site at the time the fire was reported.
Candlelight Vigil Held for Joey Frase
Share Your Memories of Joey Frase
UPDATED: Body of Missing Grayslake Man Found Reports Family