Saturday, June 7, 2014 from
11am-3pm at Port Clinton Square
DOWNTOWN HIGHLAND PARK, IL (JUNE 7, 2014) – Recognized as the North Shore’s top destination for all things camp-related, Downtown Highland Park will be hosting the Summer Camp Pre-Party of the year. On Saturday, June 7th from 11am-3pm, Port Clinton Square (600 Central Avenue) will be transformed into camp headquarters with DJ-ing by Revelation Productions, singing, dancing, spin art, crafts, games, s'mores and more.
Campers, families and friends are invited to come out and declare their camp spirit all over town before heading off to summer camp. Parents will be able to connect with camp representatives, and stock up on camping supplies and goodies before sending the kids off.
"Downtown Highland Park is my go-to spot for
all camp supplies, and the perfect community to be hosting a pre-camp party,” says
Lisa Kaplan of Evanston. "Not only is my daughter psyched to meet up with her
Camp Chi cabin-mates, I get to meet up with old camp friends and also buy a few
essentials at the same time."
Whether sending kids off to summer camp for the first time, or an overnight camp veteran, Downtown Highland Park's merchants have everything needed for a fun and adventurous summer. Retailers and restaurants will be on-site offering fun activities, food and special sales just for campers, including:
· Beanstalk Toyland & Bookstore - camp travel games,
· The Bootery- ‘guess the number of shoes in the vase’ game,
· Campus Colors - Baggo for Campus Colors bucks,
· Fun @ E Street - write a letter to a camper and they will send for arrival day,
· Highland Pop - fresh popped corn and taste from home camp care boxes,
· HP Tops - showcasing customized camp gear,
· Just 4 Friends - on-site airbrushing,
· Kung Fu Power- kung fu demo,
· Real Urban Barbecue - create-your-own pizza and s’mores making on the ‘green egg’,
· Rock N’ Rags - showcasing camp-related apparel,
· Ross Highland Park - face painting, glitter tattoos and fun camp-related items,
· Soul2Sole Dance - dance performances,
· Sprout Kids- embroidering and monogramming,
· Stationery Station - personalized camp stationery making,
· Tales and Toys - fun activities and Tenzi game contest, and
· Uncle Dan’s - spin to win wheel, samples of gourmet ‘Backpacker’s Pantry” camp food, and a sleeping bag stuffing contest.
Participating camps will include Banner, JCC Day Camps, Marimeta, and more. Yelp! will be on site with fun camp activities and giveaways, and The Nit Pickers will be offering advice on pre and post camp preventative measures to stop the spread of lice.
Parents and campers can visit www.downtownhp.com/camp for a full list of participating businesses and offers. For information on all things Downtown Highland Park, visit the newly designed website at www.downtownhp.com, “like” Downtown Highland Park on Facebook, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 847.780.4293. The Downtown Highland Park Alliance is located at 442 Central Avenue, 2nd Floor, Highland Park, IL 60035.