Flossmoor Offers Storm Cleanup Branch Pickup through July 14
The last pickup is scheduled for Monday, July 14.
"Much of our focus last week was centered on power restoration issues and the worst of the tree damage," according to a release from the Village.
Beginning this week, Public Works will be cleaning up storm damage.
"While typically our crews are focused on parkway tree damage, given the extent of the damage, we are activating our storm policy and will assist residents where we can with fallen branches," reads the release.
Residents will have until Monday, July 14 to bring fallen branches that came down from the storm to the parkway. Residents should follow these guidelines:
1. Only branches and limbs that have fallen or broken as a result of the storm are to be placed at the curb for pickup and disposal by Village crews. Bushes and other normal yard waste must be disposed of by the property owner as usual.
2. Limbs and branches placed at the curb by private property owners must not exceed six inches in diameter or ten feet in length.
3. Under no circumstances will Village crews enter private property to cut or retrieve trees, limbs or branches.
4. The Village will not pick up branches along private roads or drives, or within or adjacent to privately maintained developments.
5. The last of the pick ups will begin on Monday, July 14. Once the crew has made a pick up on a particular street, they will not return to remove additional materials placed on the parkway.
Anyone with questions, contact Public Works at 957-4100.