The Village of Homewood is gearing up for another explosion of creativity and art this summer, with the 7th Annual Downtown Homewood Art & Garden Street Fair. The fair, which takes place June 13 and 14, is currently seeking artists to display and sell their works during the fair.
Held on Martin Avenue, the festival kicks off with a Fitness Boot Camp for mom, followed by a Mr. Bubble's Bubble Show for the kids. At noon, indie-family musician Justin Roberts and the Not Ready for Naptime Players will hit the stage, head-bopping and performing all their silly-clever songs from their Grammy-nominated CD, Recess. Both days have a full musical line-up from Chicago-area indie-musicians as well as activities for the kids, including art activities, art demonstrations and gardening work shops.
Those wishing to participate in the fair as a vendor must submit an application for selection. Artists submitting an application to be a vendor must follow specific requirements for the fair.
Submission and Participation Requirements:
- Limited space available, guarantee yours by April 10
- New vendors MUST include photos with application for approval process
- Vendor fee is for a 10’ x 10’ space only, canopied tents, chairs, tables are not supplied
- Indicate electrical and extra space requirements
- Vendor to provide a Certificate of Liability Insurance, along with a signed Hold Harmless
- Agreement (to be provided later)
- Sell beer/wine and acquire State of IL and Village of Homewood liquor licenses
- Use of recyclable paper products i.e. cups and plates
- ust provide heating and cooling for food to the standards of Cook County and State of IL
- Health Department
- Provide a children’s menu selection
- A welcome packet will be sent to restaurant containing set-up and tear down procedures, event details, and information on the surrounding community.
- Vendor must reserve space no later than Tuesday, May 20, 2014.
For more information about the fair, contact email@example.com, entering "Art and Garden" in subject field. Return application to the, Village of Homewood, Attn: Art & Garden Street Fair, 2020 Chestnut Road, Homewood, IL 60430. Completed applications may also be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org must have Art & Garden Street Fair in subject field to ensure delivery.