Monday, Oct. 8 is Columbus Day and it’s a federally recognized holiday. Many offices and agencies will be closed for the holiday:
- All government offices are closed Monday, Oct. 8. This includes the village of Huntley, McHenry County, state of Illinois and federal government.
- District 158 schools all will be closed for the holiday.
- Area police and fire departments will be open on Columbus Day. Contact 911 in the event of a police- or fire-related emergency.
- The Huntley Area Public Library will be open.
- Banks are closed today. ATMs remain open.
- The Huntley Post Office is closed today and there is no mail delivery.
- Businesses are operating on their own hours. Please check in advance to see whether they are open.