The Solid Waste Agency of Lake County (SWALCO) is calling all businesses, schools, community organizations, youth groups, Scout troops and others to participate in the Reuse-A-Shoe, a no-cost sustainability shoe recycling and reuse program.
10 reasons to participate:
- Another opportunity to move your organization or school in the direction of sustainability.
- Great educational opportunity with accompanying curriculum for teachers
- Ideas and activities for corporate and community green teams, Scouts, schools, youth groups and others.
- Opportunity to participate hands-on in a recycling program where old shoes are given a second life and turned into new products, keeping, literally, tons of “stuff” out of our rapidly depleting landfills.
- Some shoes will also be given for “rewear”/reuse.
- Your organization will be recognized and there’s an opportunity to win cool, eco-friendly prizes!
- You’ll make a big difference in your community and beyond.
- There is a flexible timeline and no maximum number of shoes you need to collect.
- You can collect 10 shoes or 1,000. Everyone — all ages — can participate. Almost everyone has shoes they need to find a home for!
- We’ll provide materials and resources to help. It’s fun and it’s free!
To register, contact Merleanne Rampale, SWALCO (847) 336-9340, ext. 4 or email@example.com.
Information provided by SWALCO