When the four original band members started the group in 1999, they were too young for a mid-life crisis. However, after playing for the past 15 years at various bars, festivals, and private parties in the south and southwest suburbs, the name suits them perfectly now.
On July 19 they invited hundreds of fans to a party at the American Legion in New Lenox to show their appreciation for 15 years of support. They were joined by comedian Mike Toomey and provided four hours of food, drink, laughs, and music.
“All we asked of our fans was to bring a non-perishable food item for our food drive to be split between the New Lenox Township food pantry and Respond Now in Chicago Heights—and they came through big time” said bassistTom Skowronski.
The band members include Tom Skowronski (of New Lenox), Anthony Entsminger (of Orland Park), John Entsminger (of Orland Park), and Mike Vittori (of Chicago Heights). They were also joined by Bob Broderick (of Chicago Heights) who came out of retirement last summer to play at select shows.
You can see Midlife Crisis this summer at:
- 525 Bar & Grill – Chicago Heights - "no cover" – Saturday, July 26, 9 p.m.
- St. Agnes Fest – Chicago Heights – Saturday, August 2, 6 p.m.
- San Lorenzo Italian Festival – Chicago Heights – Saturday, August 9, 7 p.m.
- Steger Street Festival – Steger – Saturday, August 16, 8 p.m.
- Scrementi’s Italian Grill – Mokena – Saturday, August 23, 9 p.m.
- Frankfort Fall Festival – Frankfort – Saturday, August 30, 7 p.m.