Fresh Thyme Farmers Markets, a new specialty grocer featuring healthy and organic value-priced offerings, announced last week it would open over 60 new stores in the Midwest, including a Naperville store, according to a Fresh Thyme press release.
The company’s first store will open in Mount Prospect this spring followed by eight more grand openings throughout the remainder of this year, according to a Fresh Thyme press release. The exact location of the Naperville store was not included in
the store's announcement last week.
The openings will mean 5,000 new jobs throughout the Midwest over the next five years.
“Fresh Thyme Farmers Markets will be a completely new grocery format for the Midwest,” said Chris Sherrell, President and CEO Fresh Thyme Farmers Markets, in the news release. “We’ve taken the experience of an outdoor farmers market and combined it with the convenience of a full-service grocery store. Shoppers will enjoy value priced natural and organic items throughout our store, making healthy food more attainable to the masses.”
Fresh Thyme will host a job fair on March 1 and March 8 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Holiday Inn, 200 E. Rand Rd., in Mt. Prospect. Fresh Thyme is looking to staff 90 to 100 positions, including management-level.
The heart of Fresh Thyme Farmers Markets’ 28,000 square foot stores will be bountiful produce, including locally sourced and organic fruits and vegetables all at incredible values, according to the news release.
“Our markets answer the Midwest’s demand for fresh, healthy, natural and organic food, all at great prices, in a convenient and inviting format,” Sherrell said. “We’re excited to bring the farmers market concept to the area and create 5,000 new jobs in the next five years.”
Additional features of the markets include:
- Over 400 bins of natural and organic bulk items and small batch locally roasted premium coffee beans
- A butcher shop featuring all-natural handmade sausage made daily in store, offering over a dozen varieties
- Specialty items such as gluten-free and dairy-free products
- A full dairy section, which sources local Midwest items
- Fresh Thyme Kitchen featuring healthy prepared salads and meals as well as a full salad bar, made-to-order sandwiches and a bakery featuring artisan breads
- Aisles of nutritious groceries and convenient healthy frozen foods
- Hops & Grapes department with an expansive selection of wine and local craft beers
- Over 7,000 varieties of vitamins, supplements and natural body care products
“We look forward to building longstanding community relationships and partnershipsthroughout the Midwest,” Sherrell said, “We’re grateful to have already received a very warm welcome and overwhelming enthusiasm from our communities.”
Fresh Thyme Farmers Markets includes information on 23 of the 60 locations to open in the Midwest on its website, including six stores in Illinois.