Wrapping up some formalities and approving new hires, the Lincoln-Way High School board held its final meeting before graduation.
The board approved three new hires and seven resignations, as well as contracts for paper supply and computer leases.
The hires and resignations are:
All new hires begin with the start of the 2012-13 school year.
- Janine Prucha: Associate principal,
- Jamie Lynn Gill: Speech pathologist,
- Jenna Sabatino: Permanent substitute (English)
All resignations are effective the end of the 2011-12 school year.
- Louis Lee: Associate principal,
- Joann Holverson: Boys volleyball coach at Central
- Susan Schneider: Assistant swim coach, Central
- Jessica Gibson: Permanent substitute,
- Courtney Hanson: Science instructor, North
- Tiffany Trost: SADD/TATU sponsor, North
- Alicia Lamacki: Speech sponsor, North
Paper Supplier: The board approved a contract with Paper 101, of Ankeny, Iowa, to supply the district's paper for the 2012-13 school year.
The company will also provide paper for the Mokena Park District, Mokena School District 159, Frankfort School District 157C and Manhattan School District 114.
The total cost of the bid is $166,618, and the other districts will reimburse District 210 a portion of the cost upon receiving their paper.
Computer Lease: The district also approved a plan to cycle out old computer over a nine-year span. The plan is to get 700 new computers in the next three years, all of which will go into student computer labs.
It'll cost the district about $150,000 over three years, but Supt. Lawrence Wyllie said the money for that isn't budgeted. Still, he wanted to jump at this deal and said the district will approach the Lincoln-Way Foundation about putting some money toward the computer lease.