21 Aug 2014
74° Mostly Cloudy
Patch Instagram photo by cmptactical
Patch Instagram photo by patch
Patch Instagram photo by savelwafjrotc

New Lenox Man Allegedly Stormed Girlfriend's House & Viciously Attacked Her

A New Lenox man is being held on a $100,000 bond in connection with the alleged brutal attack.

New Lenox Man Allegedly Stormed Girlfriend's House & Viciously Attacked Her
A New Lenox man allegedly broke down the door to his girlfriend's home and savagely attacked her.

Justin Ruch, 33, of 124 Gall Lane was charged with home invasion, unlawful restraint, aggravated domestic battery and domestic battery in connection with the alleged assault.

The woman allegedly attacked by Ruch, Carrie Gibson, 33, identified him in a petition for a protective order as her boyfriend. She also said she has another boyfriend and that Ruch wanted to talk to her Thursday and "get back together."

That night, Gibson said in her petition, Ruch showed up at her Joliet home and "began pounding" on the door.

Gibson said she ran for her bedroom to get her cell phone but "never made it."

Ruch broke down her door and grabbed her by her hair, she said.

"He dragged me by the hair to my bedroom, slammed me on the bed and started choking me," Gibson wrote. "I almost passed out. I was screaming and he put his hand over my mouth and nose so I could not scream or breathe. This went on for a good 20 minutes.

"He wanted to know who my new boyfriend was," Gibson said in her petition. "He started taking off my pajama pants and underwear."

Ruch performed a sex act on Gibson, she said, even though she "fought him the whole way."

"He then started to bang my head against the shelf behind my bed and broke a lamp," Gibson said. "He stopped and told me how much he loved me, and he wanted me back."

Gibson said she was eventually able to call the police but Ruch heard the dispatcher on the line and fled. He was jailed the next evening and is being held in lieu of $100,000 bond.

Ruch was charged with domestic battery three other times in cases involving Gibson. He pleaded guilty in one instance, was found guilty after a trial another time and once had the charge dropped when the "complaining witness" failed to come to court, records show.

Go check out our Facebook page.

Share This Article