The program recognizes the nearly 200,000 women living in shelters by arranging delivery of small comfort items for women who are victims of domestic abuse or homelessness. This year, Two Men and a Truck locations in Joliet, Chicago, Elmhurst and Orland Park are collecting items for women staying at shelters including Guardian Angel Community Services in Joliet, Pillars in LaGrange Park, Family Shelter Service in Wheaton and Crisis Center for South Suburbia in Orland Park.
Two Men and a Truck is accepting donations—nice soaps and toiletries, pillows, slippers, robes, bath towels and pajamas—at the following community partner locations near the receiving shelters through April 30:
- Heartland Bank & Trust Co., 700 W. Jefferson St., Shorewood
- Shorewood Troy Library, 650 Deerwood Drive, Shorewood
- Oasis Women's Fitness Spa, 355 North La Grange Rd, La Grange Park
- Greater La Grange YMCA, 1100 E 31st St, La Grange Park
- Inland Bank, 5456 S La Grange Rd, Countryside
- Elmhurst YMCA, 211 W. First St., Elmhurst
- Orland Park Sportsplex, 11351 W 159th St, Orland Park
- Orland Park Chamber of Commerce, 8799 W 151st Street, Orland Park
- Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, 15341 S. 94th Ave, Orland Park
- Autumn Leaves of Orland Park, 8021 W. 151st Street, Orland Park
Two Men and a Truck encourages customers to donate essential care items during their moves, in addition to donating at collection sites.
In 2013, the "Movers for Moms" program collected more than 110,000 items for donation to 100 shelters across 30 states. This year, the company is aiming to collect more than 300,000 items for moms in need across the country.
Follow Movers for Moms online at www.facebook.com/MoversforMoms or @MoversforMoms.