The Village of Oswego and the Environmentally Conscious Oswego (ECO) Commission will hold its spring Reuse and Recycling Extravaganza from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, April 19, at the Public Works Facility, 100 Theodore Dr.
The items ECO collects are passed on to people who put them to good use, or recycle them For example, ECO and its partners:
- Clean up and reuse waste latex paint and motor oil.
- Recycle scrap metal, building materials and lawn equipment.
- Exchange used books, DVDs, CDs, puzzles, games and videotapes for free, new-to-you items.
- Reuse luggage, school supplies, clothes and eyeglasses.
- Recycle household and car batteries, as well as electronics and appliances.
- Collect bicycles to repair for kids who can’t afford a bike.
- Respectfully dispose of American flags.
- Shred sensitive documents, and recycle paper and cardboard.
All drop offs will be free of charge except for paint, which will require a small fee.
In honor of Arbor Day, Oswego Public Works staff will also plant a tree at 9 a.m. at Village Hall, 100 Parkers Mill. If you would like to be a part of this annual event, please be at the Village Hall parking lot near the Gazebo by 9am.
For more information, please call the Village of Oswego at 630-554-3618 or visit www.oswegoil.org.