During the mobilization, Plainfield police issued/arrested:
- 85 seat belt citations
- 6 child safety seat citations
6 DUI arrests
- 1 warrant arrest
- 2 suspended/revoked license arrests
- 11 uninsured motorist citations
- 12 speeding citations
- 1 drug arrest
- 1 possession of drug paraphernalia arrest
- 10 illegal use of cell phone citations
- 8 illegal possession of alcohol by a minor arrests
- 3 illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor arrests
- 44 other citations
Law enforcement agencies throughout Illinois participated in this statewide effort to get drunk drivers off our roadways and encourage seat belt use, especially during late-night hours. Extra emphasis was given to the late-night hours when statistics show the highest number of motorists drink and drive and the fewest buckle up.
The recent law enforcement crackdown was funded by federal traffic safety funds through IDOT’s Division of Traffic Safety and is part of the statewide Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over and Click It or Ticket campaigns.