20 Aug 2014
83° Partly Cloudy
Patch Instagram photo by plainfieldilpatch
Patch Instagram photo by plainfieldilpatch
Patch Instagram photo by plainfieldilpatch
Patch Instagram photo by plainfieldilpatch
Patch Instagram photo by plainfieldilpatch
Patch Instagram photo by plainfieldilpatch
Patch Instagram photo by plainfieldilpatch
Patch Instagram photo by plainfieldilpatch
Patch Instagram photo by plainfieldilpatch

Small Accidental Fire Damages Living Room

The fire was described by a department spokesman as unintentional and quickly extinguished.

Small Accidental Fire Damages Living Room

A small fire in the living room of a single-family home Wednesday night was believed to be accidentally started by tenants renting the house, a Plainfield Fire Protection District spokesman said.

Although he declined to identify the exact cause of fire, which broke out shortly before 7 p.m. at 15316 S. James St., the spokesman described it as unintentional and easily contained. No additional information will be released until after investigators have completed their report, he said.

The house remained habitable, with most of the damage being caused by smoke and the water used to put out the blaze, the spokesman said.

All of the district's units were on the scene, and the fire extinguished within a few minutes, he said.

Share This Article