This was supposed to be the "back to school and work after the holidays" week, but instead, it has turned into the "hunker down and survive Siberia" week--at least until temperatures climb back up to about 0℉ sometime Tuesday.
Still, there are place to go and people to see this week.
- Your main goal Monday should be to never leave your house--whether that means working from home, organizing your sock drawer or running out of excuses to write to your cousin in the old country.
- John Lockerby will preside at his first Skokie Village Board meeting as village manager Monday at 8 p.m. (check skokie.patch.com for updates on whether the meeting is cancelled due to extreme weather). There's an ordinance up for a vote that would place certain requirements on apartment landlords, and it has been controversial.
- The Skokie School District 73.5 PTA meeting scheduled for Tuesday is cancelled due to weather, and will be rescheduled.
- Feel that warm sun on your face? Me neither. Nevertheless, it's time to register the kids for SUMMER CAMP! The Skokie Park District is having a Summer Camp Open House Wednesday at 6:30 at Oakton Community Center.
- Did you resolve to get more organized in the new year? There's a "Conquering Your Clutter" program Thursday evening at Skokie Public Library. Register.